I am an assistant professor of Linguistics at the University of Warsaw (Faculty of Modern Languages, Institute of English Studies, Department of Linguistics), where I teach a variety of courses (a complete list is available here).
The three essential keywords that sum up my research interests are: syntax, corpora, and psycholinguistics. The work that I do lies upon the vault of these three pillars, all roughly providing equal tensile strength in this syncretic structure.
While I am quite content with studying these subjects for their own sake, I am also interested in their application in various areas of research and development work (R&D), including language and communication analytics, educational research, and language teaching methodology.
On occasion, I have also been known to dabble in electronic media localization and translation.
- 2016 – University of Warsaw – Ph.D. (thesis title – Reconsidering Early Bilingualism. A Corpus-Based Study of Polish Migrant Children in the United Kingdom).
- 2011 – University of Warsaw – M.A. (thesis title - The Influence of Typological Features on Stylometric Text Classification);
Career as a linguist:
- 2016 (current position) – University of Warsaw – assistant professorship in Linguistics.
- 2014 – 2016 – University of Warsaw – NPRH Research Grant Co-Invesitgator (The Phonological and Morpho-Syntactic Features of the Language and Discourse of Polish Bilingual Children in the United Kingdom);
- 2014 (commission) – Institute of Educational Research – linguistic research consultant;
- 2013 – 2015 – Institute of Computer Science, PAS – lexicographer (project NEKST & project CLARIN);
- 2011 – 2016 – University of Warsaw – lecturer;
- 2012 – 2013 – Institute of Computer Science, PAS – linguist (CESAR project);
- Since 2018 - External Reviewer for the Polish Central Examination Committee (CKE).
- Since 2017 - Copy Editor for the Journal of Language Modelling (ICS PAS).
- Since 2016 - 2017 - Acting Co-Head of selected language exam committees within the The University Council for the Certification of Language Proficiency.
- Since 2016 - Secretary of the POWER Kadry 3.4 project initiative dedicated to Faculty Training.
- 2007 - Freelance Translation, Localization, and Editing work commissioned by CD-Projekt RED.